17th – 27th January 2016
From the 17th of January till the 27th of January I spent my time editing together my artefact.
To start off, I imported all 3 pieces of footage from my three peers to make sure they were all in the same area to start editing (to avoid complications). I then began to cut the three videos one by one in order to move the specific pieces into the designated question areas using the ‘Blade’ tool. Here is a screen-grab of a section in my video where they are being asked to state their full name, age, and gender. I enhanced the colour on each piece of video to make sure that the lighting was as natural and light as possible, and so also enhance the colour differences between the white background and the people present in each video.
I then began to try and incorporate my own individual style into my artefact. At the start of my video I wanted all 3 people to enter the frame at the same exact time to show unity between them all. Sir helped me to create this aspect by using laying the 3 sections of each video on top of each other, followed by transforming each clip to the size that I required (each clip being the size of 1/4 of the screen, each one cornered).
For my music, once I used ‘YouTube Convertor’ to download my specific piece of music into iTunes, I was then able to import it into the editing process of my video. Due to the main section of the song having lyrics embedded into it, I only required the start of the song as this was instrumental and fit perfectly as background noise for my artefact. I used the ‘Blade’ tool once again to cut the piece of music that i didn’t want. Also, I had to use the copy and paste tool to add more of the accurate piece of music throughout my video so it was continuous, as well as the ‘Fade’ tool in order for the pieces of music to flow into each other.