Here are a few questions I have decided to include in my video interview response. I tried to go onto the internet and google possible questions that may be good to ask, however the only ones that came up were in regards to people who have/are suffering with eating disorders. As my EPQ project is based around different perceptions of body image and how the media infiltrates their thoughts, I realised that these questions would not be accurate.
I therefore spent some time figuring out a range of questions that would be acceptable to ask in my interviews. My mind was always focused on making them suitable for unisex, and also ones that would require a detailed answer (to ensure that I have as much of a response as possible).
When researching possible questions to use I came across a website that had the title ‘9 Body Image Questions You Need To Ask Your Daughter’ (http://www.modernmom.com/3bed0d3e-3b48-11e3-94be-bc764e04a41e.html) which I found to be effective to use as research because it is seeing to be stereotyping females to be worried about their body image, and not taking males into any consideration. I have however understood that a few of these examples could be perceived as being aimed at both sexes, and so I am thinking of ‘borrowing’ 1 or 2 for my project. The questions used on this particular website were as followed:
+ What are three things you like about yourself?
+ Name three things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with the way you look?
+ In what ways do you take care of your body and keep it healthy?
+ Do you feel pretty?
+ What makes a girl or women beautiful to you?
+ Do you eat when you are not hungry? If so, why?
+ When do you feel most proud of who you are?
+ What is your favourite meal? Why?
+ What are you most afraid of?
My questions are:
- Please state your full name, gender, and age
- Are you involved in any sort of social networking site? If so, which ones.
- Name three things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with the way you look?
- What makes a women/man beautiful/attractive to you?
- Have you or do you ever feel indulged in magazines etc which include celebrities that you feel you would like to own any of their physical qualities?
- Roughly, how many times do you feel that you’ve become upset or distressed when looking at somebody else?
- If you could, what would you change about yourself?